I love the holidays, but once I navigate the school gauntlet of icing-free, peanut-free food, I am really not going to put an exhaustive effort into school holiday treat ideas. It only takes a moment of level headedness to see most of the Pinterest food pins as mom-showoff ideas and not things that the kids would care about in the least, so I choose simple stuff with a touch of cute.
Without further ado, here are 7 school holiday party recipes that keep the season's spirit intact and keep your own spirit lifted by the time you've made enough for 30 tiny people.
3. Do this with a red striped straw and clear plastic cups - Milk and Cookies by Cakes Like A Party
4. Snowman Cocoa Take-Home Treat by Blue Cricket Design. I found plain white styrofoam cups with lids at GFS. In a pinch for time, I just used markers to draw each face on the cups.
5. Ok I admit this one is work intensive, but it is cute. I used chocolate donut holes instead of brown suckers because I wasn't going to run all over town looking for smooth brown lollipops at $1/pop. Red nosed reindeer lollipops by Spoonful.
6. Grinch Kebabs by Nourishing Minimalism. I've also seen these with little Grinch faces piped on with chocolate, but if you have time and patience for that, you probably wouldn't have clicked on this post.
7. This one isn't a food recipe, but it's a really cute idea for Snowman Playdough--with glitter kneaded into it!--by No Time for Flashcards.