Erin is a mom of two and has been with Today’s Mama for ten years. She is charged with finding and sharing all of the wonderful things the web has to offer. She is particularly fond of food, photography, printables, and funny things. She writes about losing weight in her Healthy Living for Mom series, and is chronicling her attempt to master her DSLR camera with her series, Big Girl Camera.

5 Reasons Why Holiday Movie Night is THE BEST

I’ve never been shy about my love of family movie night. I was so excited when my first child was old enough to sit through, and be entertained by, an entire movie.

So family movie night is a constant around here. But nothing makes me as happy as when it’s time to enjoy the HOLIDAY movies! I’ve been known to approve a double-feature on a snowy Sunday from time to time.

My personal collection of holiday movies continues to grow. I even pack them up with the Christmas decorations so it will be something else for my kiddos to look forward to when we are ready to get festive.

This year our collection has grown by two more sweet and fun holiday movies —Santa’s Apprentice and The Magic Snowflake.

5 Reasons Why Holiday Movie Night is THE BEST

Both movies feature an adorable hero—Nicholas—an orphan that is chosen to become the next Santa Claus when it’s time for the current Santa to hang up his jolly red hat and retire. Santa’s Apprentice shows Nicholas’ journey from overwhelmed and unsure to the brave and creative boy that saves Christmas. The sequel, The Magic Snowflake, teaches a sweet lesson about the spirit of Christmas magic. Find out where you can purchase your copy on Go Watch It!

5 Reasons Why Holiday Movie Night is THE BEST

My kiddo’s loved the films and have already asked to watch them again.

sa-image2-2

I’m holding off until the “official” Christmas season gets underway, the day after Thanksgiving. I’m a traditionalist that way…and it’s because there are the five reasons why holiday movie night is THE BEST.

5 Reasons Why Holiday Movie Night is THE BEST

The Snacks
11 months out of the year, the snacks are the same. Some sort of sweet treat, popcorn, juice/water/milk. But during the holidays. OOOOOOOHH BOY. It’s a fiesta of peppermint on top of salted caramel on top of some sort of pretzel and/or cookie base. Even the popcorn gets some sort of “drizzle.” Don’t even get me started on the luscious duo of hot cocoa and salty popcorn. The snacks are NEXT LEVEL.

It’s Low Pressure
I’m not crafty. My holiday mantle, festooned with stockings and a jolly Santa isn’t going to win me any repins on Pinterest. No one is entering my home and remarking on my clever use of vintage ornaments or felt balls. But I win at holiday spirit in the eyes of my kids because of holiday movie night. ADDED BONUS: no glue sticks required.

The Cozy Factor
It’s cold. So we get in our comfiest sweats, fight over the fuzziest blankets, and snuggle in together to watch our movies. And I know these kiddos won’t want to snuggle into their mom forever, so I’ll soak up every single minute. Every single time.

The Holiday Magic
Holiday movies are all about love and magic and the spirit of giving. These are the movies that fill you with the warmest of warm fuzzies and inspire you to believe in Christmas magic with every viewing. It’s not just fun or entertaining—it’s new and creative layers to the holiday whimsy for the kids. (And me.)

It’s Tradition
Some of the movies we watch now are the same ones that I watched with my parents as a kid. I love that when my kids are older and when they become parents themselves, that they’ll remember the times we spent cuddled up with hot cocoa watching these same holiday movies.

We want you to enjoy a family movie night on us! We’re giving away a $100 Visa gift card and a copy of both Santa’s Apprentice and The Magic Snowflake, so you can plan and enjoy a holiday movie night of your very own! To enter comment below and tell me your favorite movie treat!

I’ll pick one random winner on Tuesday, November 22nd @ 5:00 PM MST. Good luck!

Tis the season to bring home some holiday cheer with Santa’s Apprentice and The Magic Snowflake arriving as a special DVD double feature, as well as individually on DVD from Anchor Bay Entertainment and The Weinstein Company. Both family-friendly animated tales are also available individually on Digital HD and On Demand. Based on the animated television series “SantApprentice,” the perfect gift for anybody naughty or nice comes with jolly goodies including 16 winter themed decals to help spread the joy!

The Santa’s Apprentice and The Magic Snowflake double feature is ready for gift wrapping on DVD for the suggested retail price of $19.98. Each title is also available separately on DVD for the suggested retail price of $14.98 each.

5 Reasons Why Holiday Movie Night is THE BEST

This is a sponsored post. I was provided the DVD’s to view and review. My opinions, as always, are my own.

Tags: , , ,

1. kj skib 11/26/2016 at 5:53 pm

There is no such thing as a movie without popcorn and pop. That is my favorite treat and I expect it at each movie 🙂

2. Angelica Dimeo 11/26/2016 at 5:21 pm

my favorite holiday treat is Pumpkin pie but for movies I like popcorn or chips

3. Dawn M 11/23/2016 at 7:24 pm

My favorite big treat during a movie is pizza but for small snacks I like peanuts and popcorn.

4. Kelly D 11/22/2016 at 5:31 pm

My favorite movie treat is sno-caps. I love them!

5. Jane 11/21/2016 at 4:48 pm

Our most favorite movie snack is Movie Theater popcorn and root beer! When we watch Disney or Holiday movies, my kids like to have a movie theme night that includes wearing jammies that represent the movie like “Frozen” footie jammies with their “Frozen” snacks and dolls!

6. Amanda Coon 11/20/2016 at 1:28 pm

Ever since The Polar Express came out we have to have hot chocolate when we watch it.

7. Breanna Pollard 11/18/2016 at 8:03 pm

MY FAVORITE MOVIE TREAT IS GUMMY BEARS AND POPCORN.

8. Betsy Barnes 11/18/2016 at 12:59 pm

One of my favorite holiday treat is peppermint fudge. My son always brings some home from where he works. 🙂

9. Laurajj 11/17/2016 at 11:58 pm

Oh my favorite movie treat is making Chex snack! Oh I love the smell as its baking…oh so good warm!

10. Suzanne 11/17/2016 at 7:56 am

Kettle popcorn with a side of sour patch kids and junior mints!

11. Jen 11/17/2016 at 5:45 am

Frosted animal crackers are great!

12. Jessica Edwards 11/17/2016 at 4:31 am

Popcorn and Sour Patch Kids!

13. Jessica 11/17/2016 at 12:14 am

My favorite movie snack is of course popcorn with extra butter. Yum! I also like chocolate covered raisins with the popcorn!

14. Jane 11/16/2016 at 11:14 pm

Favorite movie treat is popcorn for sure and Milk Duds! Carmel with chocolate never fails to disappoint 😉

15. Jessica rasmussen 11/16/2016 at 10:05 pm

Our fave holiday movie treat…..peppermint shortbread cookies!

16. Julie 11/16/2016 at 9:26 pm

Favorite treat at movies is an ice cold cherry coke!

17. Angela george 11/16/2016 at 9:07 pm

My favorite holiday treat is peppermint bark ☺☺☺☺☺

18. Natalie Wolfinger 11/16/2016 at 9:04 pm

Popcorn is a must, sometimes drizzled with extra butter! And for the sweet component, left over holiday candy, whether from Halloween, Christmas, etc.

19. Jessica Martinez 11/16/2016 at 7:45 pm

All time favorite movie treat is popcorn!!!! Gotta have it! My 2 year old and hubby love when I make a fresh bowl of it too! Because… Duh… It’s the best when it’s homemade! I also love dark chocolate raisins too.

20. Michelle 11/16/2016 at 4:39 pm

Popcorn with butter and parmesan cheese and…… chocolate candy! Not too picky nothing with nuts.

21. Teresa Hovden 11/16/2016 at 2:14 pm

Popcorn & M&Ms! Add a “real” Coca-Cola (not diet) to make it an extra treat!

22. Pam 11/16/2016 at 1:02 pm

My kids love Mike and Ike’s. I don’t eat sugar, so I make a fudgy Paleo brownie that I can eat out of a cup. Yum!!

23. Nikki 11/16/2016 at 12:47 pm

During the holidays my husband always gets excited for me to make chocolate covered popcorn. We only make it once a year at christmas and its always something to look forward to. Cant wait to continue the tradition for our little girl!

24. Mirtha 11/16/2016 at 10:28 am

Popcorn. Buttery/salty and zebra.

25. Kristen 11/16/2016 at 1:15 am

My favorite movie treat is junior mints.

26. Amy M 11/15/2016 at 2:35 pm

Home made kettle corn is the best holiday family movie night treat!

27. Carolyn Hutson 11/15/2016 at 12:02 pm

my favorite holiday movie treat is either white chocolate popcorn, snowball cookies or saltine cracker toffee with eggnog! We have no kids but love watching all the classics that we watched as kids too! And we always watch The Polar Express!

28. Cambria 11/15/2016 at 12:00 pm

Dutch poffertjes are delicious, unique, traditional, and celebrate our culture!

29. Kim Akers 11/15/2016 at 11:58 am

Since I was little, our holiday go to snack had been stove top popcorn with butter and kool-aid. Brings me back to my childhood, and my kiddos love the tradition!

30. Anna 11/15/2016 at 11:51 am

Our favorite family movie treat are peppermint muddie buddys! It’s so important to spend quality loving time together as a family.