Let’s get this straight, right off the bat: I’m NOT a makeup pro. I’m not a beauty blogger (my selfies below are going to prove THAT.) Not one of my friends is ever going to think to herself, “I need some help with contouring…OH! I’ll call Erin.”
I love makeup.
I wear it everyday unless I’m camping or at the pool.
Makeup has not always loved me.
I have spent that last 20 years trying to find the right products for my VERY oily, VERY sensitive skin. I’ve tried the expensive stuff. I’ve tried the drugstore stuff. I’ve had consultations. I’m always on the hunt, and in the last few years, I’ve pinned down my favorites in a few beauty categories.
Now…I found my foundation soulmate! It’s the best of a BB cream, a CC cream, and a tinted moisturizer!
- Here was my list of (previously never met) requirements:
- Easy to apply. I have better things to do in the morning than some crazy 17 step system to a “flawless face”…like eat pancakes, and track down shoes.
- Looks natural. I want to look like myself—I want people to see ME.
- Controls my oily skin without looking heavy, chalky, or overly matte. (Also, no melting off my face. That happened once.)
- Offers substantial sun protection.
- Reasonably priced.
It’s called bareMinerals’ Complexion Rescue and I bought it at Ulta.
Guys. It comes in SIXTEEN SHADES.
For the first time in my life, I found a shade that matched. Not a shade that’s “good enough” a shade that matches my skin! I feel like I found some sort of secret makeup treasure.
So. It’s time to get real. Time to just toss it all out there…
Here I am, no makeup, no fancy photo filter.
So this is where I start. I’ve got some redness and unevenness that I like to even out a bit.
Here I am, with bareMinerals’ Complexion Rescue on my face, along with my basic eye makeup (primer, shadow, liner, mascara, brow pencil.)
See…I’m still me!
Here I am with the addition of blush, highlighter, and lipstick.
This is what I look like everyday. Like I said…unless a campfire or bathing suit is involved.
Here’s what I LOVE about bareMinerals’ Complexion Rescue…in addition to it meeting the six criteria listed above…
- It replaces my moisturizing step. It’s technically “tinted hydrating gel creme” and I am able to skip using moisturizer in the morning.
- It didn’t make me break out. And EVERYTHING makes me break out.
- Looks great alone. I can easily wear this and nothing else without looking half-done.
- Washes off easily with mild cleanser. I’ve found great products, only to be disappointed that it takes something strong or harsh to really remove it at night.
- It looks good all day, and into the evening!
Here I am, the same day the photos above were taken, after a long day, a pizza run, and two soccer games. No filter, as with all the other photos.
My search is over!
And if it makes me and my hard-to-manage-skin happy, you’re going to love looking lovely and dewy in a jiffy.
Watch to learn more about bareMinerals’ Complexion Rescue and see how you can look fabulous in 3 minutes.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of bareMinerals. The opinions and text are all mine.