We’ve worked together with Scholastic this summer to bring you tips and tricks to keep your kids reading!
With summer in the home stretch we’ve got a few more tips to keep your kids reading until the first morning bell rings!
5 Tips to Avoid the Summer Brain Drain
Our 5 Favorites
Need some new book ideas? Here’s our 5 top picks with 5 word reviews from our summer reading list!
- The 1st Grader: American Girl – Isabelle. “Because we both like dancing!”
- The Tween-age Girl: Wonder, “Funny, sad, happy, and brave.”
- The Teenage Boy: Soccernomics, “Good for rabid soccer fans”
- Mom: The Smartest Kids in the World and How They Got that Way, “Changes your view on education”
- Dad: Einstein – His Life and Universe, “Close-up view of his life.”
Add Some Fun! Energizer Instant Win Game
Energizer® and Scholastic are partnering to create the “Power the Possibilities” campaign which gives moms the tools they need to unlock their child’s talents, fuel their ambitions and set them up for future success. Parents can buy any specially marked pack of Energizer® brand batteries to scratch for a chance to win one of thousands of prizes that will power discovery and learning.
Prizes include a family trip to New York City, a Scholastic Study Corner Makeover, a tablet with Scholastic apps, a library of Scholastic books and more! Everyone who plays can also download free digital stories for their family.
More reading Resources from Scholastic
Scholastic has joined together with ENERGIZER® to power the 2015 Summer Reading Challenge and encourage families to find innovative ways to discover the power and joy of reading. It’s not too late to take part! Now through September 4th, visit Scholastic.com/Summer. Click the links below for a sampling of the fun resources you’ll find with Scholastic:
- Unlock Original Short Stories from favorite Scholastic authors!
- Find Parenting Resources including Summer Reading printables, activity sheets, booklists and more!
- Play the Innovation Machine Game – a fun and creative writing game and contest!
- Visit “Videos in the Stacks” to receive reading tips for parents from Scholastic’s Maggie McGuire!
Find Out More!
Sign up for the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge
Learn more about the Energizer® Instant Win Game
Follow @Scholastic on Twitter
Like the Energizer® Bunny on Facebook
* Post sponsored by Scholastic