Mama of 3. Founder of and Click Retreat, a photography and social media retreat for bloggers. TEDx: What?

Brownie Bowl Sundaes

Brownie Bowl Sundaes

Check out this brilliant dessert hack to make your own homemade brownie bowls!

You will need:

• DREYER’S GRAND NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookie Dough ice cream or SLOW CHURNED® Cookie Dough light ice cream
  • Brownie batter (made from your favorite recipe)
  • 2 muffin tins
  • Cooking spray
  • Chocolate sauce
  • Sprinkles

1. Follow the directions for your favorite brownie recipe to make the batter.
  2. Spray cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray, and add brownie batter to each cup until they’re about two-thirds full.
  3. Spray the second muffin tin with cooking spray and place on top of the first tin of brownies.
  4. Place in the oven and bake, following your brownie recipe’s directions.
  5. After the bowls are completely cool, add a scoop of ice cream, top with chocolate sauce and sprinkles, and enjoy!

Brilliant hack for homemade brownie cups!

Recipe and Images from Dreyer’s Grande

Ninja Tips

• Use lighter muffin tins (darker colored muffin tins may create too much heat)
  • Try filling the tins just 1/2 full if your recipe overflows too much
  • You can add the 2nd muffin tin 5-8 minutes before the brownies come out of the oven if your recipe does not respond well (as opposed to cooking with both tins the entire time)
  • Make sure they cool completely before removing from the tins
  • Smashing with the 2nd muffin tin AFTER baking typically just condenses and smashes the brownie cups flat in the tins. If you try this method – be gentle. 😉
  • Still struggling? We found a pan that was built for you! Check out this Wilton Dessert Cup pan! For just around $8 this pan can make all of your brownie dreams come true!

dessert shell

Note: If you have a problem with your brownie recipe or your pans and things don’t seem to work, you can always try the Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowls below, but switch out the dough with this “brownie like” Double Chocolate Cookies recipe. They work like a charm!

More delicious desserts on

Double Chocolate Brownies with Caramel Frosting

Double Chocolate Caramel Brownies

Pin it!

Brilliant Food Hack! Brownie Bowl Sundays

1. Pingback: Christmas Ice Cream Desserts I love Pink

2. Ange 10/10/2016 at 12:06 pm

A hot mess!! Everything stuck to the pan. Wasted time,effort,and money!

3. Pingback: 18 Amazing Homemade Brownies Recipes - TodaysMama

4. Pingback: Superbowl Party Snack Ideas ~ The Narrow Lens

5. Pingback: Fun Extras for Your Super Bowl Party

6. Renee 12/09/2015 at 8:08 am

Not helpful to say “following your brownie recipe’s directions” (Step #4) as the box will only have directions for cake style…these cook faster but the boxes doesn’t have that info. If your going to post a recipe you need to be thorough and complete with the directions.

7. Pingback: All That Sprinkles - Sprinkles Party Food Ideas - Little Party Love

8. june reedman 08/28/2015 at 3:51 pm

Tried this idea today. I used non-stick pans AND sprayed well with PAM. Had no problems with sticking. I think I filled the muffin tins too full though as the “bowl” was just a small indentation in the top. I think I will just scoop out some of the brownie to make a deeper bowl and add the crumbled pieces to the top of the sundae. I used the brownie recipe on the Fry’s Cocoa tin and adjusted the cook time – they said 30-35 minutes for a 9×13 pan. I checked after 20 minutes and they were perfect.

9. Pingback: 6 Party Hacks to Make Hosting Easy & Stress Free - 24/7 Moms

10. Pingback: 20 Summertime Solutions For Tasty Treats. Number 7, You Have To Try It! | Handmade Ideas

11. sarah 07/11/2015 at 11:06 pm

just made these with my 4-yr-old daughter and 10-yr-old niece, worked fine, got them all out of the pan and used the left over batter for a regular pan of brownies, great idea, thanks!!!

12. Pingback: Ice Cream Sandwich Krispie Treats - TodaysMama

13. Pingback: He Placed Lemon Slices Into A Muffin Tray. What He Made Was Amazing.

14. Pingback: 21 Super Summer Party Tips - Kids Activities Blog

15. nancy 03/21/2015 at 2:31 pm

this recipe was a disaster. I would not recommend trying it. The batter overflowed even when filling half full. There is no salvaging once that happens even then the brownie would not release from the pan. To many things can go wrong.

16. mohammad 03/05/2015 at 11:43 am

I can help you to eat this sweets

17. Bela 02/16/2015 at 2:59 pm

Never try this recipe. DOESN’T WORK AT ALL. HORRIBLE RECIPE

18. Jenny B 02/12/2015 at 6:53 pm

Great idea just does not work. No reference given for taking time,and cups Just will not release from pan to make a nice cup.
    Would not recommend .

19. Pingback: Spotlight On: Valentines Day Treats | SouthEndStyle

20. Bambi 02/05/2015 at 7:52 pm

Just two words…..FREKIN AWESOME !!!

21. Lorie 01/30/2015 at 3:44 pm

I am very excited to try some of your wonderful recipes. They all look amazing. Thank you very much for sharing.

22. DS 01/27/2015 at 7:44 pm

Brownie Bowl Sundays….or sundae’s?

23. Lynda Alpert 01/26/2015 at 7:10 pm

Another NOT rave review – I made mine in small loaf tins and had the same problems that everyone else mentioned. Once cooled I placed mine in the freezer for 7 or 8 minutes and managed to get 3 of the 6 out. But a complete mess – No next time on these.

24. Sharon hart 01/26/2015 at 2:16 pm

great ideas, I will be trying these.

25. LOUISE MILLS 01/25/2015 at 10:05 am

love all your recipes very much,

26. Rose 01/24/2015 at 11:57 am

Finding it hard to print some of these recipes. I need to make all new recipes. Because I have lost my folder of recipes that I have had for years. I am hoping to find them. But if not I do have these new one. And I have tried a few and they are great

27. Pingback: 30 Brilliant Recipe Ideas For Unforgettable Parties | Official Web News

28. brianna 01/22/2015 at 5:53 am

Wow the brownie bowl sundaes look really good so do the chocolate chip bowls

29. Carolyn. Burgess 01/20/2015 at 7:19 pm

likr you recipes!

30. Dell 01/15/2015 at 11:17 am

Trying this today with Boys & girls club 🙂

31. diana 01/04/2015 at 7:44 pm

Did not come out as well as I was hoping but filled with dark chocolate mousse and whipped cream, was decadent and delicious.

32. Leesa 12/28/2014 at 6:54 pm

33. Carolyn 12/22/2014 at 11:18 am

This does not work! It is a great concept but it just does not work.