Staying in on Valentine’s Day? Catch one of these 20 romantic movies on Netflix.
1. The Notebook Every girl wants Ryan Gossling to build her a dream home and read her stories–even when she’s no longer there.
2. Pretty in Pink You will fall in love with the clothes…and the soundtrack.
3. When Harry Met Sally Quirky, funny, and a great exploration of whether men and women can ever really just be friends.
4. Casablanca Humphrey Bogart had us at “Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.”
5. A Room With A View Sometimes a passionate kiss out of the blue is as good as a room with a view.
6. Shakespeare in Love Millennials finally understood a slice of Shakespeare, if only because Gwyneth and Ben made it sound so easy.
7. The Bridges of Madison County Clint and Meryl managed to make us forget they were having an affair, then reminded us that one can be loyal in more ways than one.
8. Amelie You will want to eat chocolate and have lots of sex, which is not necessarily a bad thing on Valentine’s Day.
9. Love Actually A funny look at several relationships simultaneously reminds us there is no one definition of love.
10. Pride & Prejudice Kiera Knightley has turned insulting men while wearing period costumes, then totally caving, into an art form.
11. Love Story A tearjerker but a classic nonetheless.
12. Before Sunrise Anything in this trilogy is fun and romantic, but there’s nothing like the original when Ethan Hawke still had a goatee.
13. Brokeback Mountain This movie picked up a ton of awards for showcasing a love we don’t often see played out in movies.
14. Princess Bride An enchanting classic you can watch with your kids and not blush.
15. A Walk to Remember This one reminds you that there’s nothing like your first love.
16. Ghost This one will make you want to take up pottery.
17. Say Anything The scene where John Cusack holds up the boom box blasting “In Your Eyes” is classic!
18. The Last of the Mohicans Dudes dig it for the history and bloodshed. Girls swoon when Daniel Day Lewis yells to the girl, “I will be back for you!”
19. The Artist Getting an audience to believe you’re falling in love without any dialogue suddenly seems as easy as, well, falling in love.
20. An Officer and a Gentleman When Richard Gere carries Debra Winger out of the factory where she works, you just just might cheer.