Founder of TodaysMama.com and Click Retreat, a photography and social media retreat for bloggers. TEDx: What?

Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Dude. They are good. And by good, I mean people assault me when I bring them to parties and they are gone within minutes. I know, everyone has a chocolate chip cookie recipe. But let me tell you how I made mine THE BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe. Ever.

This recipe came about somehow, somewhere in the 90’s off of the back of a bulk package of generic chocolate chips somewhere and has progressed with some tweeks over the years.

dark chocolate chip cookies

Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Preheat:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

In small mixing bowl set aside:

2 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour

1/2 Tsp. Salt

1 Tsp. Baking Soda

In large mixing bowl cream together:

1 Cup Butter (Important: Butter should be room temperature!)

3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)

1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar

Add + Mix:

2 Tsp. Vanilla

1 Egg

Add dry ingredients (small mixing bowl):

Mix well

Add:

2 cups baking chips of choice

I use: Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chips and Ghirardelli Classic White Chips

(1 mix it up about half and half)

Bake:

Roll heaping tablespoons of dough onto your baking sheets. Bake for 10-15 minutes (I like my cookies slightly underdone so I stick with 10-11 minutes)

Yield: Approximately 3 dozen cookies

More on TodaysMama:

The Great Cookie Bake Off – 12 Recipes

Marshmallow Stuffed Cupcakes

13 Muffin Tin Recipes

Gluten Free Coconut Zucchini Bread

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Emily 12/13/2014 at 9:00 pm

I’m curious to try these, they sound easy enough and yummy! Regarding the other comments… I find if I’m using a dark cookie sheet I need to lower my oven temp to 325 or 350. Could that be the issue? Also if your baking soda has been open longer than 30 days, it won’t work right.

2. Kelli 08/25/2014 at 1:24 pm

I was excited to try these, as I’ve been searching forever for my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. These were disappointing, though. I’m an experienced baker, and followed the recipe exactly, but they spread and were just…ugly. The dough tasted great but the baked cookie was just okay tasting. I think they need more flour and perhaps a bit more sugar. I’ve got the dough chilling to see if that helps the spreading issue.

• Stacey 08/26/2014 at 8:58 pm

I had the exact same experience with the spreading and they were burnt for me at 9 minutes. I did however just want to eat all the raw dough it was so good.

• Rachael Herrscher 10/03/2014 at 7:22 pm

Sorry to be responding late, just seeing your comments. I live at about 5000/6000 ft elevation. I wonder if it has anything to do with it. I didn’t think about adding that to my recipe because I’ve never found that high altitude directions make any difference for me. I seriously make these once a week and they come out like the picture above every time. I’d say to add more flour, but I wonder if that would get too cakey. For me the dough is sticky enough to be in a ball but does not stick to my fingers. Almost reminds me of the consistency of play dough. Hope that helps!

3. Pingback: Cheerios Commercial Wins for Dads

4. Pingback: Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies | The Hearty Herbivore

5. Pingback: Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe | RachaelH.com

6. Carina 08/29/2012 at 2:02 pm

My best is that New York Times crazy involved recipe that you have to age for at least 24 hours before baking. I can’t remember what it’s like to have a chocolate chip recipe that you could just make and bake, like, in the same hour. I obviously long for a simpler time and place.

• Rachael Herrscher 08/29/2012 at 2:06 pm

Those better be some goooood cookies! I’m tempted to challenge you to a bake off.

7. Amy Allen Johnson 08/29/2012 at 10:51 am

Love it! a new chocolate chip cookie recipe to try. Our family’s “BEST” is just a modification of the Nestle recipe on the bag. Use half butter and half butter-flavored shortening. I like the white chocolate chips in there!