My husband and I decided to create Bucket Lists, even before our Just Ask Getaway Giveaway began. Since he and I like to hang out together (which is a good thing, till death do us part and all), we decided to only do a 50-item bucket list since we’ll probably join together for a lot of the items.
I haven’t finished my list, but let Jake take a look at it anyway. As I handed the computer over, I said, “You can’t make fun of or discourage any of my items.”
It only took two seconds for him to break into hysterical laughter. Number 1 on my RANDOMLY ORDERED list is “Visit Nova Scotia and take an Anne of Green Gables tour.” So…I’m pretty sure I’ll be in need of a different travel partner for that one.
He liked “order a small wedding cake for my anniversary and eat it.” If your wedding was anything like ours, you got the one delicious bite of cake during the “share the cake photo op” and then were swept away before a fatty slice could be had. I want more cake, dang it!
Then Jake was quiet while he continued reading. Until, that is, he reached #28: Own a teacup pig.
Jake: You want a pig?
Me: Yes, a cute little one! You can train them like dogs.
Jake: I just thought of another item for my bucket list. Learn to make homemade bacon.
Jake: Liiiittle bitty bacon strips.
He’s so funny. So very funny. Does anyone know where I can buy a little bitty piggy?
Here are 15 more items from my Bucket List.
- See Machu Pichu
- Learn to play the bass guitar
- Own a 1950’s or ’60’s Ford truck
- Hike and white water raft in the Grand Canyon with my family
- Stop biting my nails (another year, another failed New Year’s Resolution)
- Complete a trail running race
- Complete an adventure race with my brother
- Start my own blog
- Live overseas for a year
- Go to Puerto Rico and meet my family
- Take a ceramics class
- Plant a pumpkin patch
- Go on an overnight sailboat trip (side note: learn to tie knots)
- Take a Russian literature class
- Ride in a motorcycle sidecar