Carina has been typing on the internets before there was a www in front of everything. This is why she’s cranky and wants to know when you’ll get off her lawn. She resides in a hopelessly outdated home in the Mountain West with a mathematician and three children hell-bent on destruction. Her laundry is not done, but her Twitter is totally up to date. Carina does not have a Tumblr, because get serious.

William and Kate: Oh, It’s ON!

It feels supremely uncool to say this…but I’m totally obsessed with the royal wedding.

I know, I know, it’s an outdated institution, it’s ridiculous, who cares about these people?

I’m not buying the magazines, watching Access Hollywood, or ordering a commemorative mug of any size; I’m not completely over the edge. Fine, I watched the cheesy, cheddary Lifetime William & Kate movie while assembling Easter baskets (Time to assemble baskets: 20 minutes. Time of movie: 2 hours. Me: Guilty.) I’m not obsessed with every story and photograph…but I can’t help it. I’m an anglophile: Plantagenets, crumpets, BBC, 1066 and all that.

And it’s a wedding, people! It’s a huge party! There will be hats! So, so many hats. You’re not dying to see Kate’s dress? I’m already judging it (if it’s a mermaid, or I’ve seen it on Say Yes to the Dress, she’s dead to me.) I’m rooting for those two crazy kids. None of that “whatever love means” nonsense.

Are you going to set your DVR? Stay up all night? Wake before dawn to watch this party? It’s OK if you aren’t going to watch, even though it means you have no heart and romance is dead to you.

1. allysha 05/09/2011 at 10:49 pm

I loved it all. And the dress was fantastic. And whenever I see that clip of Charles I want to reach out and slap him. The jerk.

2. Petit Elefant 05/06/2011 at 2:08 pm

I wasn’t planning on it, but I ended up in the middle of the night, so I watched it.

I take that back, I DEVOURED it. And then later, I watched the entire thing again, top to bottom.

Loved every minute.

3. Susie Tew 04/28/2011 at 9:26 pm

I’m all about the royal wedding too, much the same way you are. I’m not a commemorative trinket kind of girl but I’ll totally go for a fabulous hat any day (even thought my hair is curly and I might end up hat head the rest of the day). I know you’re a night owl Carina and I have no doubt you will be up at the wee hours of the morning catching every moment 🙂 I wish I was that cool. But I turn into a nasty witch if I don’t get at least 8 hours so I have my DVR set! My plan is to have a little royal wedding party of my own tomorrow morning with my girls. Lilly and Olivia have their princess dresses out and tiaras ready. I’m making fancy finger and having a royal tea party while we watch a real life Princess crowned! How glorious! If she doesn’t look like Cinderella my girls are going to be royally disappointed 🙂

4. Marianne Firth 04/28/2011 at 9:20 pm

“(if it’s a mermaid, or I’ve seen it on Say Yes to the Dress, she’s dead to me.)”

This is why I will read anything you write. And yes I will be staying up (not getting up, good grief!) to watch it all go down. Bridesmaids (Pippa!), Zara, the Queen, even Camilla… what will they all be wearing? And of course, dying to see the dress. Dying.

5. Becca Orosco 04/28/2011 at 1:42 pm

It’s not uncool 😉 It’s exciting 😉 Can’t wait to see the dress and all the fashion , will be setting my DVR and watching everything else as well the fashion wrap-ups and all the other stuff , it’s nice to watch a good story after all the bad ones on tv.

6. Erica Fehrman 04/28/2011 at 1:41 pm

I’m totally going to watch. I’m rooting for them and also want to see the hats, but the specials I really like are the behind-the-scenes info. It’s fascinating to see how they set silverware and make 15,000 perfect crumpets and plan for over 100,000 flowers to open at the same time. Yep, guilty as charged.

7. Queen Scarlett 04/28/2011 at 12:27 pm

She seems lovely…and Prince Will… he’s not aging well. There I said it. And…yes, DVR will do the trick for me. I want to go there.

8. Zina 04/28/2011 at 10:39 am

I haven’t really been following, or maybe I wouldn’t have scheduled a flight for that morning. But since I have to get up at 5 AM I might as well bump my alarm time up to 3 AM, right?

Looking at that photo, they look very well-suited, in that they both are nice-looking without being shockingly beautiful. (Kind of like my husband and myself. Oh! Does that mean they’ll have shockingly beautiful children? Like mine? Did I just imply that I was ever as pleasant-looking as Miss Middleton? Well, there were a couple of good years before all the pregnancies and illnesses.)

9. craftyashley 04/28/2011 at 8:55 am

I was hooked after the lifetime movie too. All I want to see is what she ends up wearing on the big day. And the hats. I want to see the hats too.

10. Allison 04/28/2011 at 8:36 am

Tivo for me. If I wasn’t in CA where it starts at 3 a.m., I would get up early. But I’m not crazy enough about it to get up at 3 a.m.

11. jennie w. 04/28/2011 at 8:03 am

I’m totally jazzed for this. I remember staying up all night for Diana. And Fergie. (Don’t remember the other wedding). Now I just have to figure out where and when.

12. Jess 04/28/2011 at 7:51 am

Oh I’ll be up watching!

13. Belladune 04/28/2011 at 7:36 am

LOL I’m mildly intrigued indeed, just as you are!! I’m soo tempted to stay up all night and watch, even if it means being a crab all day the next day. I so want to see the dress and the hats, and the tiara. I know there will be countless photos, but I so want to see it ‘first’ lol

14. Rosesdaughter 04/28/2011 at 7:29 am

Thank God I’m not the only one!!!! I’ll be up bright and early to watch!!!!