Mama of 3. Founder of TodaysMama.com and Click Retreat, a photography and social media retreat for bloggers. TEDx: What?

Hold Your Breath

I stopped breathing for a minute when I saw these. I just got these pictures from my husbands car accident last August and I seriously don’t know how all 3 of them came out alive.

This is the backseat where my husband was sitting. Notice how even the back of the truck is smashed into the backseat.

Yet somehow the irony of that little smiley face light cover makes me laugh!

The creepiest thing about this picture is that my husband is in the back seat of the truck and the paramedic is stabilizing his neck.

The good news is that they all came out alive! He’s still recovering 7 months later but these pictures remind me of how much worse it could have been!

Tags: , , ,

1. Pingback: 7 Things I Take Every Day - TodaysMama

2. Pingback: TodaysMama | Blog | Healthy Living for Mom: Let’s Do This

3. Mattie 04/04/2011 at 9:46 pm

That would definitely give me the creeps. I am so glad that he is okay. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

4. Erica Fehrman 03/29/2011 at 6:50 am

*shivers*

This makes me sad b/c another friend was in a similar head-on accident (except the person who hit him was drunk) and he didn’t survive. I’m so glad Mark’s still around to live, love you and be a daddy.

5. Camille 03/28/2011 at 9:19 pm

They obviously had someone watching over them! SO glad everyone made it out alive!

6. Katie Neuman 03/28/2011 at 9:04 pm

I cannot imagine. So happy to hear that they are all okay and healing. Miracle.

7. Julie {Angry Julie Monday} 03/28/2011 at 6:09 pm

Seriously, a miracle. I’ve taken photos like this many times. I remember when you posted about the accident on Facebook….my heart wept for you. I’m soo glad that you were in God’s hands and everything is ok now…

8. Janice (5 Minutes for Mom) 03/28/2011 at 5:23 pm

Unbelievable!!!!!!!! THANK GOD they are alive!

The pic w ur hubby still in the backseat still has me shivering!

9. Carina Wytiaz 03/28/2011 at 5:14 pm

These are NUTS!

10. Jeni A 03/28/2011 at 4:23 pm

OH my goodness! What a wonderful miracle that they all came out alive!

11. Emily 03/28/2011 at 3:58 pm

Oh my gosh! Other than leaving this comment, I am speechless and my heart is pounding! Those are crazy scary photos. I am so glad everyone is alive and on the road to recovery.

12. Jessica 03/28/2011 at 3:06 pm

Rach, I have no words, other than your man is here for a reason, and those pictures are awful!

13. Adrian 03/28/2011 at 3:02 pm

Wow! There was a reason he survived that accident. I’m hoping there is something amazing he is going to do with the rest of his life. Looking at the last picture, I couldn’t tell if it was the front or the back of the truck!

My husband was in an accident the day after my birthday. Horrific damage to the truck, but he came through with a slightly sore wrist. And the blessing was that we had planned to trade the truck in 2 weeks later and we ended up getting twice as much from the insurance company. Things happen for a reason, I believe that.

14. Elizabeth H. 03/28/2011 at 2:55 pm

Memories of my own head-on collision just came flooding back looking at these pictures! Wow. I’m so happy that your husband came away from that accident alive.

15. Shannon Nelson 03/28/2011 at 2:45 pm

These pictures are so scary!!!

16. Clisty 03/28/2011 at 2:30 pm

WOW!! You have been truly blessed! It could have been much worse! Seeing something as bad as this makes you count your blessings! Glad he’s okay!

17. Libby Dowd 03/28/2011 at 2:25 pm

That is one of the most horrifying things I have seen in a long time. You still have him though and that is rockin’

18. Cookin' Canuck 03/28/2011 at 2:22 pm

These photos make me shudder. I’m so glad that they were all okay.