Hailey recently moved from Provo, Utah to Manhattan. She spends most of her time trying
to keep up with the crazy pace of the city and the even crazier pace of her husband and
four kids. She loves, in no particular order: eating, TV, singing, acting, improv, Sting, and
keeping in touch with friends. She’s a co-founder of the Provo-based improv troupe, The
Thrillionaires. On occasion, she can be found at Hailey Tracks.
To be perfectly honest, a substantial part of me wanted to dedicate my love mix to Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but then I thought that it might be a little awkward for all of us, including my real-life Valentine, so I refrained.
However, I think it’s OK to say that when I thought about a love mix, the first thing I pictured was him dancing down the street to “You Make My Dreams” in 500 Days of Summer. I guess that’s what I want my love mix to invoke: those euphoric feelings of infatuation that might cause you to break into dance in a public place. Or cause you to daydream of Paris or growing old with someone. OR dancing in a public place with someone you’re growing old with in Paris, which is my life’s dream.
1. You Make My Dreams – Hall & Oates
2. You Picked Me – A Fine Frenzy
3. All the Pennies – Mindy Gledhill
4. Complainte de la Butte – Rufus Wainwright
5. Come to Me – Koop
6. Us – Regina Spektor
7. The Luckiest – Ben Folds
8. Crazy in Love – The Puppini Sisters
9. Lucky – Jason Mraz, featuring Colbie Caillat
10. Bang Goes the Drum (And You’re In Love) – Blossom Dearie
11. Haven’t Met You Yet – Michael Buble
12. I Just Fall in Love Again – Anne Murray
13. Lady – Lenny Kravitz
14. Why Do You Let Me Stay Here? – She and Him
15. The Folks Who Live on the Hill – Jane Monheit
Tags: Love Song Mix