Mama of 3. Founder of TodaysMama.com and Click Retreat, a photography and social media retreat for bloggers. TEDx: What?

Vaccines and Autism Fraud

Check it out:

More from Dr. Sanjay Gupta

What is causing the rise in Autism? My conspiracy theory? That our use of cell phones and the radiation they emit trend right along with allergies and Autism. Just a thought . . . (without a lot of research but I’m about to go a Googling).

What do you think?

1. Chris 01/10/2011 at 11:58 am

very tired of the onesided media doing everything they can to keep the general public misinformed. they dont do what is necessary to get the truth because there is no money in that! keep up the histeria. bravo! as for me and my family, we will never vaccinate again because of our own experience. 3 of our 7 children (ages 27 down to 12) have been fully vacinated and all have problems with allergys and asthma.
    the last 4 have never had a shot in their lives, and they are the picture of perfect health! do the math. one son at 19 entered the military and was subject to their barrage of “life saving” immunizations and is still trying to get his life back. i dont need a scientist to tell me anything different. i got my own proof that vaccinations have prevented our children from enjoying optimal health.

2. Liss 01/10/2011 at 8:11 am

I read The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears. He’s a pediatrician, he goes through all the basic vaccines, what is in them, what is harmful or should NOT be in them, what the diseases, their risks and likelihood of getting them would be, and also gives an alternate vaccination schedule if you choose to vaccinate but don’t want to be so aggressive with it.
    I liked that he was a pediatrician, he does say he believes in vaccines, but also seems very sympathetic to parents. Anyone that is wondering about vaccines should read this book….especially in light of this study and all the questions it has raised.

3. Erin Collard 01/07/2011 at 7:42 am

The British Prosecution carefully avoided discussing the fact that it was a double blind study and the data was compiled by a third party–NOT Dr. Wakefield. But it all goes back to the same two truths: 1. this is a spectrum and caused by multiple genetic and enviornmental insults and 2. every government is far more interested in disproving anything they could be sued for, rather than working on a cure.

4. Erica Fehrman 01/07/2011 at 7:31 am

In the 1800’s some women were shut up in their attics for “woman troubles.” Turns out they were depressed and needed some love and modern meds. So yeah, I think autism is just recently being diagnosed. Most doctors are positive that vaccinations are vital, and I’ll believe people with 12+ years of schooling before I believe a Playboy Bunny. My pediatrician kicks families out of his practice if they won’t vaccinate. He roughly says, “I won’t have measles or polio in my office. There’s no reason for it.”

• Erin Collard 01/07/2011 at 7:48 am

With all due respect to you, Erica–your pediatrician is a macho bully. While a slower, more careful administration of vaccines is a safer option nowdays, the thimerosol mercury preservative used in vaccines ’till 2002 gave an infant 150 times the safety level of mercury exposure that an ADULT can handle, all in the MMR vaccine. There’s a myriad of accelerants connected to autism regression–thimerosol was implicated by multiple sources, not just Dr. Wakefield. “Playboy Bunny” or not–when you’re watching your child suffer, you have the right to research and speak out.

5. Pingback: Tweets that mention TodaysMama | Blog | Vaccines and Autism Fraud -- Topsy.com

6. Rachael 01/06/2011 at 11:22 am

Here are some of the responses I’ve gotten on Twitter and Facebook:

@mrsrachelw

@todaysmama Pharmaceutical companies have the $$$ to make things go away. Many peoples BODIES react to mega does of anything.

• Rachael 01/06/2011 at 11:23 am

@taunitweets

Part of it has to be that dr’s are just diagnosing it more frequently.

• Rachael 01/06/2011 at 11:24 am

From Pundit Mom:

“This has boggled my mind for a long time. Given how vaccines have helped save so many lives, I’ve been surprised that so many people were willing to ignore their doctors and take as gospel advice from pseudo-celebs like Jenny McCarthy on this. That isn’t to say that there might not be issues, but I have always wondered why so many parents were willing to jump on this bandwagon.”