Mama of 3. Founder of TodaysMama.com and Click Retreat, a photography and social media retreat for bloggers. TEDx: What?

Celebrity Sightings at Sundance Film Festival

I got the pleasure of joining some fantastic bloggers in Park City to check out the Swagg Suite – the place where all the A-listers go to get their goodies at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City.

I felt like everywhere I turned there were celebrities, or at least people that looked very important or like they were being followed by US Weekly. Or like they were in a secret rapping gang. The ones I could actually recognize?

Mario Lopez

Jesse Williams (Hot Dr. Jackson Avery from Grey’s Anatomy)
A classic moment was when Marie from MakeandTakes.com reached out and told him she loved his work. Thus forcing him to look at us.

Danny Glover – whom I thought was extremely endearing. And then someone told me how he was all down with Chavez in South America? Sounded sketchy. But you’re Danny Glover. You can do whatever you want.

In the world of athletics we saw Rick Foxx and some NFL Player that was apparently cool. I’m not down with the NFL. Those games take too long to watch. Sorry.

There were some modelly looking people who were making some pretty intense faces when they were caught on camera. Which ultimately reminded me of this website. (Rated at least PG-13 for language and the volume of horrible faces).

The real celebrities? See below.
Cameraon Rafati (ok, he IS a real celebrity), Sarah Kimmel (Tech4Mommies.com), Sheila Dowd (Clever Girls Collective), Allison Czarnecki (PetitElefant.com), Marie Lebaraon (MakeandTakes.com), Cat Lincoln (Clever Girls Collective), and me.

Do you see how good we look? Thanks to the quadruple filter photography provided by Patron (apparently a tequila company – but I want to know what came first . . . Patron or the Patronus in Harry Potter?). Now the guys at this photo booth got sick of us. Why? Well frankly it’s because we liked how good we looked with these filters that we kept getting in line for pictures. I took at least 7. I asked if I could schedule my family pictures with them but apparently they don’t do that sort of thing.

What? I totally threw my gang sign the wrong way!

Do you see that youthful glow?

I might make this my new avatar

We had to make a celebrity duck face of our own!

The skinny on the Swagg Suite?

A cool twist this year in that Swagg is matching dollar for dollar the amount of money gifted in goods to these A-listers to help fight cancer. The organization they are donating to is “Stand Up To Cancer” which hit home with me because as many of you know my sister passed away from cancer about 2 years ago, and it just so happens that I downloaded the Just Stand Up song and took it up to her at the hospital.

For now I can say that I’ve finally gone and experienced a little piece of the Sundance Film Festival for the first time (crazy considering I’ve lived in Utah my entire life).

P.S. Please excuse the low quality images. You’d think I would have at least thought to take my point and shoot eh? Nope. These are all phone pics. (aside from the Expector Patronus pics – those are just awesome).

P.P.S.!
I’ve got a $25 Gift Certificate to SWAGG GIFT to give away. You can use it with SWAGG partners like Steve Madden Shoes, 1-800-Flowers and more. Just leave a comment about your celebrity obsession and consider yourself entered to win!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Pingback: Talking Holidays with ‘Til Death’s Joely Fisher - TodaysMama TodaysMama

2. Pingback: Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Mini for Target - Bay Area Mama Bay Area Mama

3. Pingback: Celebrity Muffin Tops « « TodaysMama TodaysMama

4. Carina Wytiaz 01/28/2011 at 9:27 am

p.s. I sat next to Dustin Hoffman once at Sundance years ago. His head is the largest object on the face of the planet. You needed to know.

• Rachael Herrscher 01/28/2011 at 9:33 am

I can totally see that! But from one large headed person to another (Mr. Dustin Hoffman) I offer him my support. My large lid hides behind my mane of hair . . . but they truthfully thought I had hydrocephalus when I was little because of the size of my cranium.

5. Carina Wytiaz 01/28/2011 at 9:26 am

OK, those pictures are hilarious!

Except for Mario, because, let’s be honest, I think he might be creepy IRL–like that guy who thinks he’s super charming and that his smile will cause any woman to melt. Just a hunch.

(Patronus came first because it’s Latin. Suck on that, Tequila! And also Harry Potter!)

• Rachael Herrscher 01/28/2011 at 9:32 am

Yeah tequila! Take that!

And Mario . . . my thoughts were that he had a lot of botox in his forehead, that his shoulders were broader than I expected, and that he was short. 😀

6. Erica Fehrman 01/28/2011 at 8:28 am

1. A.C. Slater. Awesome.
    2. Patron was first. JK Rowling uses lots of root words for her imaginative language.
    3. That filter is fabulous and I love your hair pulled back.

• Rachael Herrscher 01/28/2011 at 9:34 am

lol! Thanks on the hair! I think I need to cut it again . . . it’s just a big wolfy mane! I think I’m destined to forever rock my bob!

7. Pingback: Tweets that mention TodaysMama | Blog | Celebrity Sightings at Sundance Film Festival -- Topsy.com

8. Shannon Nelson 01/26/2011 at 11:16 am

I love that your first sighting is none other than Mr. Saved by the Bell, the celebrities that stick…very recognizable… 🙂

9. bree strong 01/26/2011 at 9:05 am

My celebrity obsession….I would probably swoon over Luke Perry, Brian Austen Green or Jason Priestly (as I returned dreamily to my high school 90210 watching days& then mope because I feel old!).
    I’m just a local Utahn who has never truly “experienced” Sundance, so I probably would consider any celebrity citing exciting just like any other nerdy Utahn who finds a reason to go to PC during the last 2 wks of January 🙂

P.S. Can we have one of those Patron filter cameras available at any future occasion so when pictures are posted on FB, everyone can think we’ve aged amazingly???

• Rachael Herrscher 01/28/2011 at 9:36 am

Dude! You’ve shocked me with your 90210 obsession! The things I never knew about you . . . 😀

And seriously I need that light filter to follow me wherever I go. I look so fresh and energized! And yes I totally look like that in real life.

10. Mina Frannea 01/26/2011 at 8:33 am

Love it!

• Rachael Herrscher 01/28/2011 at 9:38 am

Thanks! I think I’m going to have to make my way up to Sundance every year now!

11. Mama Mary 01/26/2011 at 8:11 am

I have a few celebrity obsessions but my #1 is Justin Timberlake. MAJOR OBSESSION. And yes, I’m nearing 40. I’m also currently obsessed with Mark Zuckerberg, not in a “you’re hot way” but in a “how are you so fricking smart way?” And then there’s Madonna…Don’t even get me started on Madonna.

• Rachael Herrscher 01/28/2011 at 9:38 am

lol! I’m assuming you’ve seen “The Social Network” then! Justin and Zuck together as one! 😀

I will say that I do love Justin . . . not so much because of his hotness, but because of Saturday Night Live. “_______ in a box”. hilarious.