Mama of 3. Founder of TodaysMama.com and Click Retreat, a photography and social media retreat for bloggers. TEDx: What?

Me and Samantha Bee

So. One thing you should know about me – is that I’m horrible at TV, video, visual representations of myself on anything recorded or reproducible. I can speak in public, but when it comes to video . . . brace yourself. I often refer to my likeness of Ricky Bobby.

Everything ended up tight . . .

With that, I give you my holiday greetings with Samantha Bee!

I was too afraid to look away from the teleprompter because my 3rd baby took all of the rest of my brain cells and left me with the inability to memorize things.

But you should hear me on the radio ya’ll. That’s where I shine like a Christmas tree!

And a reminder that if you are still in the thick of holiday shopping eBay can save the day! Their Love to Give campaign has inspired me to find the perfect gift to make someone in my house scream this year. I found a brand new Amy Coe pink chenille blankie that my daughter lost when she was little. She’s 6 now, and I miss the blankie even more than she does, but I think there will be screaming and tears on Christmas morning.

If you want to create your own “UnWrap Attack” you can find some more inspiration here!

P.S. When I hopped in the sleigh with Samantha she told me I looked familiar . . . I told her it was probably from my famous TV life. Why didn’t they get that on camera??? It was smooth.

Happy Holidays!

Tags: , , , , , ,

1. Jake Spurlock 12/14/2010 at 1:51 pm

WTH?

• Rachael Herrscher 12/14/2010 at 1:55 pm

shut it!

2. Pam Baumeister 12/14/2010 at 8:56 am

Your self-deprecation is very entertaining. I’d say you look more like a shy kindergartner than Ricky Bobby. Your deadpan delivery is spot on, though. You know Samantha Bee made a mistake in quoting “It’s a Wonderful Life.” The quote is “you old Building and Loan,” not “you old building.” C’mon!

BTW, Your hands don’t really come into play until the very end.

3. Erin Oltmanns 12/14/2010 at 7:30 am

You did great! You’re inability to look away from the teleprompter came across more as though you didn’t want to be seen with Samantha Bee.

P.S. You DO shine like a Christmas tree on the radio. Ahhh….memories.

4. Petit Elefant 12/13/2010 at 4:03 pm

What? I thought you rode the short bus to school. In fact, I think you STILL ride the short bus. To work at least. In the license plate factory.

I’ll stop. I haven’t had enough sleep.

• Rachael Herrscher 12/13/2010 at 5:24 pm

You are a bad friend. . . No one knows about the license plate factory. It’s a conflict of interest!

5. Pingback: Tweets that mention TodaysMama | Blog | Me and Samantha Bee -- Topsy.com

6. Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) 12/13/2010 at 12:58 pm

That video clip of Ricky Bobby was sooooo funny. I never saw that movie.

And you know if you hadn’t mentioned that you were looking at a teleprompter, I wouldn’t have even realized.

Janice’s video with Samanatha Bee is at

• Rachael Herrscher 12/13/2010 at 5:24 pm

Dude. Any time spent with Ricky Bobby is time WELL spent!