Mama of 3. Founder of TodaysMama.com and Click Retreat, a photography and social media retreat for bloggers. TEDx: What?

Selling Sex on Craig’s List

I saw these interviews about the Craig’s List sex scandal on my flight home from BlogHer in NYC. Craig’s list makes over 1/3 of it’s revenue from selling sex online. These interviews melted my mind.

While I agree that the internet (and social media in particular) is a platform for the masses to create content and that we all have individual responsibility, I still do think there is a responsibility of the platform providers to provide safety, security, and yes – sometimes standards.

If Mark Zuckerberg won’t allow breastfeeding on Facebook, can’t Craig put an end to the human trafficking on his website? Who’s responsibility is it?

Apparently money trumps morals for Craig and his crew.

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Pingback: Selling Sex on Craig’s List | RachaelH.com

2. Shelly Knight 08/12/2010 at 9:45 pm

Craig's attitude about it is the worst part, and trying to place the blame on the interviewer. It's so sad.

3. Sbreuner 08/12/2010 at 4:16 pm

This is so disgusting, I can't believe Craig's List is so strict on some postings but let's this roll.

4. erica_f 08/12/2010 at 3:54 pm

Kind of blows my mind that my ads for writers in multiple cities created the spam hate-fest it did, but this stuff runs rampant. Do you remember about 2 yrs ago when there was a serial killer who murdered women he found through Craigslist sex ads? Another dimension of creepy.

5. Shelly Knight 08/12/2010 at 3:45 pm