Guest Post from Kids Konserve:
Some kids may get tired of sandwiches day after day. Hot Lunches the school makes do not always cut it nutritionally or come close to a warm, home-cooked meal. A thermos insulates the food keeping it warm so they can still have some of their favorite foods from home in their lunch. And, don’t forget about “Hot Re-Runs”! With all the leftovers from last night’s dinner, lunch couldn’t get any easier.
What’s in your Thermos?
The trick to using a thermos for hot foods is to “pre-heat” by putting hot water in the thermos and sealing it for 10-15 minutes prior to putting food in. Now you are ready and here are some ideas:
- Tortellini and pesto sauce
- Pasta Fagioli (Great recipe, can be found here)
- Mac ‘N’ Cheese
- Hot oatmeal
- Chicken nuggets with dip (dip contained in a Kids Konserve Mini)
- Rice ‘N Beans
- Risotto with Chicken
- Baked beans & little dogs
- Warm chicken salad
- Pasta & hot dogs (My son’s favorite recipe is Old West Weiner Dish)
- Wontons with dip (dip contained in Kids Konserve Mini)
- Udon Noodles
- Taco meat or beans with chips on the side
- Minced meat tofu stew
- Sloppy Joes (my picky eater loves this recipe, go figure! Recipe)
- Hot Cocoa (what a treat!)
And don’t forget, the thermos can be used to keep things cool (“pre-cool” by putting your thermos in the refrigerator).
- Yogurt and fresh fruit
- Tuna salad
- Fruit smoothies (Recipes)
- Waldorf Salad
Kids Konserve is also offering TodaysMama readers 10% off at www.kidskonserve.com Kids Konserve.com, just use coupon code “todaysmama” at checkout.