Here is a green gift wrapping idea— fabric sacks. These can be brought out year after year and are so simple to make! Apart from being eco-friendly, they are quite handy for ‘wrapping’ bulky or strange shaped items – pop the gift in the bag and tie the top with the attached ribbon! My mother made these when I was a child and I’m pleased to be carrying on the tradition with my little family!
What you will need to create fabric sacks:
1. Cut 2 rectangles or squares in chosen sack size from your fabric.
2. Lay one on top of the other, with fabric pattern facing inwards.
3. If you wish to pin, pin 3 sides together.
4. Use a straight stitch to sew up the 3 sides with your machine.
5. Fold back approx ½ an inch all around the top – pin and sew.
6. Flip the sack the right way out. Attach the ribbon to the sack (a few inches at least from the top) with a zig-zag stitch.
7. Put gift inside, tie closed with ribbon, add a tag and pop under the tree!
Other posts you might enjoy…