Just in time for Halloween, the experts at Every Day with Rachael Ray put a seasonal spin on an old favorite!
Classic whoopie pies served with a twist pumpkin-flavored cakes filled with heavenly cream cheese frosting!
Every Day Tip: If you’re in the mood for a refreshing, cold treat, freeze the pies overnight.
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Prep time: 35 min
Bake time: 10 min
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until smooth. Whisk in the eggs, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon vanilla, the baking powder, the baking soda and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the flour.
- Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop 12 generous mounds of batter, spaced evenly, onto each of 2 baking sheets. Bake until springy to the touch, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, cream the softened butter with the cream cheese. Add the confectioner’s sugar and the remaining 2 pinches salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla; mix on low speed until blended, then beat on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Spread the flat side of 12 cakes with the cream cheese frosting. Top each with another cake.